Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Seven Months



Cutter is now 7 months old, and I am so amazed at all that he is doing at this age. Every day that goes by I promise myself to remember how this feels for I know it will be gone all too soon.

At 7 months Cutter is:

- Weighing 17 pounds and measuring 26 inches long; the biggest weight gain in one month yet!
- Wearing size 6-9 clothes
- Wearing size 3 diapers during the day, size 4 at night
- Eating up a storm! He now eats all the usual suspects in addition to tofu, turkey, and plums. He is eating oatmeal and 2 oz of fruit at breakfast, 3-4 oz of vegetables and protein and 2-3 oz of fruit at lunch, 3-4 oz of vegetables and protein, 2-3 oz of fruits, and oatmeal again for dinner.
- He still takes 4 bottles a day, 7 oz each though he very rarely will finish an entire bottle.
- Starting to “get” the sippy cup and drinking out of a regular cup
- Sleeping from 7 pm to 7 am, and napping 2-3 times a day
- Crawling everywhere!
- Sitting on his own and getting back into the sitting position from his hands and knees
- He has 2 teeth (both on the bottom)
- Went on his first long-distance car ride to the Outer Banks for vacation with all of his family
- Has uttered “Gi-Gi, Ma, Yea” and lots of variations of “Ahhh.”
- Gets so excited when he sees new people

The seventh month is nothing short of what I expected motherhood to be. I finally feel comfortable with everything (this is not to say that I didn’t before, but I finally feel settled into what motherhood is) and find myself stepping back often to just take it all in and give thanks for the life God has given me. When I hold Cutter and snuggle in with him I cannot help but be happy. I know many others feel this way in regards to their children but I suppose what I am trying to say is that I am so thankful to have been given the gift of knowing what that feels like. Knowing what it feels like to have your child reach out to you after you have been away, and the smile that comes over his face when he sees you for that first moment of the day. These are very real and overwhelming joys for me. Cutter and I have been much more deliberate in our devotions these past few weeks and I so treasure that time together. We read the Bible together and pray together to start our day, and quite frankly, he rather enjoys it. Books are great entertainment for him, and I am glad that the Bible already has a place in his heart.

All sentimentality and emotional dribble aside, Cutter’s seventh month has been a fantastic one.

Only five more until he is one.

No comments: